Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A Decade in Seven Minutes

The decade is almost over, and we still don't know what the hell to call it. The two-thousandsees? The oooos? The ots? The 0s? I don't know. And I don't know that the decade is almost over yet, either. After all, if 2000 was the last year of the twentieth century, and 2001 was the beginning of the new decade/century/millennium, we still have a year to go.

But pop culture doesn't work that way. The 70s started in 1970, not 1971, right? So I think we'll all have to be forced to agree that this decade runs from 2000-2009. But looky here, 2010 will start the twenty-teens, but we don't get to start saying "teen" until 2013. It's all so confusing. Wake me up when we get to 2020. That'll be easier. And I'll be so old!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...