Tuesday, November 10, 2009

South Carolina "I Believe" License Plates Rejected


Image from source, Joe.My.God.

Score one for the good guys. I guess with all of the sinful goings on by elected state officials (*cough* Mark Sanford!), some people in South Carolina thought it would be getting a little old-time state-sponsored religion! Not so much.

[Excerpt]

No "I Believe" Plate For South Carolina

In a summary judgment ruling, U.S. District Judge Cameron McGowan Currie said the plate was based on a discriminatory law. "Such a law amounts to state endorsement not only of religion in general, but of a specific sect in particular," Currie said. . .

Read more at: Joe.My.God.

Previously:

Get Your "Birther" Specialty License Plate!
Florida Unveils Jesus License Plate
Oklahoma's War On Terrorism Plate



No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...