Thursday, January 24, 2008

Michael Savage: Nasty, Bile-spewing Bigot

I got into something of a tiff with some conservatives over on a right-wing site called Olbermannwatch yesterday and today. I commented that I thought their nightly dissection of Countdown with Keith Olbermann rang a bit hollow, at least the way they were doing it. My opinion is that they focus far more on style than substance.

They criticise the choice of guests, the phraseology of the host, and the minutiae of how the show is presented, and give short shrift to the actual content of the stories they're criticising. Right or wrong, my comments were attacked and reviled. I was called the dumbest guy that ever came by, basically. Trust me, I wasn't crushed or anything.

But the volleying of comments devolved into other areas (which is often what happens in such forums), and somehow we got around to arguing about who had more bile, the left or the right. As a person who too regularly checks in on right-wing world, have personally sampled the vitriol and nastiness coming from the right, particularly radio host Michael Savage. I haven't seen it equaled on the left. They said I only had opinion, and no proof.

So, Olbywatchers, here is a little proof. 'K? And when you're through, try this clip from Air America's Rachel Maddow for comparison. And while I'm sure you'll all want to take me to task for the headline, tell me how it doesn't apply to THIS:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...