Friday, February 22, 2008

The Scary Stuff that Doesn't Make the News


Image from OldAmericanCentury.org

I listen to a lot of Air America Radio, and read a lot of political blogs (left and right), so I tend to be aware of a lot of the things that don't make the mainstream news. There's a lot of scary stuff going on behind the scenes in our government, and most people just don't know about it.

I've made it one of the main missions of this blog to bring forward anything I find that falls into this category. Unfortunately, I don't always know where to look. Not being a poli-sci major, and having had my last journalism course in high school, I know that I'm ill equipped to do an exposé. So, I'll keep bringing forth those things I find, and hopefully I can contribute to a raising of the public's consciousness in my own small way.

The worrisome part of all of this is, even if this stuff burbled to the mainstream, would anyone notice--or care? A shocking number of people seem to take pride in being politically disconnected, and in "not paying attention to the news." Will America's ideals be lost, will our country even be recognizable if these twin trends (government overreach and citizen apathy) continue?

[Excerpt]

Rule by fear or rule by law?

Since 9/11, and seemingly without the notice of most Americans, the federal government has assumed the authority to institute martial law, arrest a wide swath of dissidents (citizen and noncitizen alike), and detain people without legal or constitutional recourse in the event of "an emergency influx of immigrants in the U.S., or to support the rapid development of new programs." [snip]

According to diplomat and author Peter Dale Scott, the KBR contract is part of a Homeland Security plan titled ENDGAME, which sets as its goal the removal of "all removable aliens" and "potential terrorists. . ."

Read more at: SF Gate

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...