Sunday, February 24, 2008

Oscar Fever


The 80th Annual Acadamy Awards; The Oscars; The Gay Super Bowl is on as I type this, and I really couldn't care less. I love Jon Stewart, and hope he does a good job, but I haven't seen any of the movies nominated this year. What's more, I'm not interested in seeing any of the movies nominated this year.

Do you know what the most recent movie I've seen in a theater was? No, really, I'm asking because I can't remember. I know I saw Sicko (pictured with slight modifications here--yeah, that's my face) when I was visiting Columbus last spring. Since then, I really couldn't tell you.

My recent DVD purchases have reflected an interest in filling in some recent gaps in my movie-going: Shrek the Third and Spider-Man 3. And the not-so-recent: Election, Ruthless People, Jumpin' Jack Flash. The latter two being replacements for my long gone laser disc collection. I guess what I'm saying is, I can usually wait for the video.

I've also not gone in much for the current frenzy for celebrity happenings. At a time when it's more available than ever, thanks to the internet tubes, and Perez Hilton, I just don't freakin' care. Especially when the celebs featured most of all are of dim wattage.

Also tonight, the real reason for my Jamie/Michael Moore Sicko picture is that I'm illin.' I have a bad cold or a light flu, which is making me crabby. It may also make me post fewer things today, but so be it. Anyway, I hope you are having a grand time watching the Oscars tonight. I'll catch the highlights on YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...