Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Imagine: David Archuleta on American Idol

I've been quite underwhelmed with this year's American Idol. While I rarely give the show my full attention, I at least usually remember the names of the contestants, and can root for somebody. Until last night, it all seemed sort of old hat. . .been there, done that.

But last night's show, though still littered with bland-to-slightly above average performances, contained one standout. Young David Archuleta, shown singing Dreamgirls' "I'm Tellin' You, I'm Not Goin'" as a child in a video clip, then performed the night's last song. He chose John Lennon's "Imagine," a disastrous choice for almost any singer. And he knocked the judges socks off--and mine too. Simply outstanding, especially for a kid.



EDITOR'S NOTE:
YouTube clips are notorious for unexpectedly disappearing. Should this happen, please let me know at the email address at the upper left of this page. Thanks.

Here's a spare, just in case!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...