Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Shooting Down a Satellite


Image from CBS News

I never, ever watch On the Record with Greta Van Susteren. I don't care about Joran Van Der Hoozits. If some sap named Peterson has offed his wife, I really don't need the gory details. But tonight, as I was channel surfing, I caught Greta saying that we were going to shoot down a satellite within the hour!

Now, I've talked about this before. I still have doubts about the whole idea, for a variety of reasons. Given my distrust of the Bush Administration, I'm immediately suspicious no matter what they're talking about. So when they talk about using our missile defense system to shoot down a faltering satellite, all sorts of things run through my head.

I already offered up my tinfoil hat theories, which you can read at the link above. But a wrinkle was added today, when they said we wouldn't be able to shoot it down because of inclement weather. Exsqueeze me? The missile defense system doesn't work in bad weather? Are you kidding me, man? Shhhh. . .nobody tell Kim Jong Il!

But apparently, the gig is back on. I'll update later, if the Hollywood-like event should actually take place. Stay tuned!

UPDATE: According to the Bush Administration FOX "News," the US Military was successful in their attempt to shoot down the satellite. Um, good. I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...