Friday, February 22, 2008

Air America Gets New Owner


I've said it over and over (even earlier today), I'm a big Air America Radio fan. I've worried over the years that the company's precarious finances would rob me of a huge source of information and entertainment. They've had colossal problems with financing, and have had to fight to get into markets for most of their history. Even some markets where they have done reasonably well have inexplicably switched formats abruptly, leaving listeners in the lurch. Here in Las Vegas, we still don't have an affiliate, four years after the network's debut.

I listen to KTLK, from Los Angeles via the internet, though when I tire of their bad commercials, I switch to the main Air America feed. . .and suffer through their bad (oh, I mean BAD) Free Speech Radio News. It's worth it, though, to get my daily dose of Thom Hartmann, Rachel Maddow, and the goddess, Randi Rhodes. With news of new owners, I hopefully can count on them being around for a while longer. . .unless they lose Rachel to superstardom.

[Excerpt]

Air America gets new owner

Sam Stein at Huffington Post is reporting a major changing of the guard at Air America Radio this morning, as Charlie Kireker, a former political official former political official and creator of Pendulum Media, takes over from Stephen L. Green, the New York real estate CEO who helped lift the company out of bankruptcy, as chair of the board.

The move will be finalized in mid March. . .

Read more at: LTR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...