Saturday, February 23, 2008

Blast from the Past: Forgotten 80s, #4

Because I can't keep from beating a dead horse, here are a few more "Forgotten 80s" hits for you. See if they ring any bells.




#1 - Can't Shake Loose by Agnetha Fältskog - This is a favorite, and also a hat-tip to my friend, Marky in Florida. Agnetha is the "pretty one" from ABBA, and she had exactly one solo hit in America. I love Aggie, but she is solely responsible for the LACK of a reformation of ABBA, so I hate her too. . .

#2 - I Know There's Something Going On by Frida - OK, I know I'm stretching "forgotten 80s" with this tune--it does turn up. But it's a fitting bookend to ABBA bandmate Agnetha's song. So sue me.

#3 - Toy Soldiers by Martika - I don't know what it was about exactly, but it was a HUGE hit that I haven't heard in years.

#4 - Blood Makes Noise by Suzanne Vega - Yes, I'm stepping out of the 80s just a squink (like those "80s and more!" stations), but this song gets very little love. We remember Luka, and Tom's Diner, but Blood Makes Noise is my absolute favorite Suzanne Vega song. So there.

Previously:
Blast from the Past: Forgotten 80s, #3
Blast from the Past: Forgotten 80s, #2
Blast from the Past: Forgotten 80s

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...