Thursday, February 21, 2008

Shooting Down Satellite Raises Many Issues

I've acknowledged my suspicions about the whole "shootin' down the satellite" story, with a nod to the "ain't it cool" factor. The Free Republic crowd, of course, was almost unanimous in the "It blowed up real good!" category (literally, I'm not exaggerating).

The aftermath leaves me wondering though; with this event cause a long term problem, maybe one that haunts us past the Bush Administration's allotted time. Do yourself a search on the Google, if you want a hint at what I'm talking about. China ain't happy. Moscow ain't happy. And there is skepticism about the video of the event as well. I think this will be with us for a while.

[Excerpt]

Does the satellite shoot-down video really show a hit?




There really is no better source for information on the spy satellite shoot-down than my friend Noah Shachtman's Wired blog Danger Room.

Shachtman has been following the story for weeks, ever since the government determined that a dead imaging spy satellite -- part of one of the biggest Pentagon boondoggles in recent times -- would be crashing into the planet and needed to taken out with a cruise missile. . .


Read more at: Salon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...