Monday, August 18, 2008

Barack Obama to Name VP Pick by Friday


Photo from source, Huffington Post

OK, but is this really "breaking news?" Wouldn't Barack Obama almost have to pick someone by Friday? The Democratic National Convention starts next Monday after all. I work for a sign shop, and I'm telling you, you have to have a little time to get all those banners, signs and badges printed up!

The punditry seems to be set on Joe Biden. I like Biden, who speaks his mind--sometimes to his detriment--and is a smart guy with gravitas. But some of his gaffes may come back to haunt him, and at almost 66 may not be too old yet, but if Obama gets his hoped for 8 years in office, Biden will be John McCain's current age.

One bright spot, it would be pretty silly of Republicans to make fun of Biden's hair plugs when their candidate has a comb over.

[Excerpt]

Obama Ready to Announce Running Mate This Week

Senator Barack Obama has all but settled on his choice for a running mate and set an elaborate rollout plan for his decision, beginning with an early morning alert to supporters, perhaps as soon as Wednesday morning, aides said. . .

Read more at: Huffington Post

2 comments:

  1. I'm curious... are you a fan of Obama? Who do you think SHOULD be on the ticket with him?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Fan" isn't the word I would use. I will state emphatically that I'm voting for him, with some enthusiasm. How nice it would be to have a president who speak without making me cringe with embarassment.

    I was originally behind Edwards (look how well that turned out!), then had to flip a coin between Clinton and Obama. Over the primary, I soured on Clinton, as her tactics previewed McCain's.

    I have no idea who would be a good pick for VP. Oprah?

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...