Saturday, August 30, 2008

Daily Kos Gives Greenlee Gazette a Boost


I've been running this blog for 15 months now, and it is at turns a hobby, an obsession, and at times an obligation. I feel guilty when I don't post very much on a given day, or if I can't find anything interesting to post on the weekends. Today was one of those days where I. Just. Don't. Feel like it.

But a surprising thing happened. Yesterday, my friend and contributor, Stupid Monkey Planet gave me a link about John McCain's VP pick Sarah Palin. I thought it was funny and posted it. Surprisingly, I got an unprecedented amount of visitors yesterday, making it a personal best of 657 hits in one day. Pretty cool. I know that's small potatoes to most of the "big" blogs, but for my little (nearly) one-man show, not so bad.

Then came today, a day where blogging just seemed like a chore. I wanted to be lazy, and really pretty much have been. But while watching a DVD (Saw IV, not a Hollywood masterpiece, I assure you), I logged in on my laptop computer, and BAM! I was in the six hundreds again. A couple more clicks over the course of the video, and the number kept shooting up. As of now, at 7:17 pm PDST, the number is at 1,330. That's nearly as many people that visited the site for the entire month this time last year.

It turns out that The Daily Kos linked to my Sarah Palin is a GILF post, that little nothing, throw away joke of a post. I wondered what I'd ever have to do to get linked to by one of the big blogs. But why couldn't it have been one of my longer, more original posts? Oh, well. Hits are hits! So thanks Kos, and thanks Kos readers. You made my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...