Saturday, November 1, 2008

Barack Obama Rally in Henderson, NV - November 1, 2008



I went with some friends to the Barack Obama rally in Henderson, Nevada this morning, and had a very nice experience. It's interesting being among a group of like-minded people, and not having to "watch it" when talking politics aloud!

I've of course heard most of what Obama had to say already. In fact, I already voted for him on the first day of early voting two weeks ago. But it was still fun being there, feeling like (hoping that) it was being part of history in the making. We didn't get to sit close, as you can tell by these photos and videos. But the air was electric, and the crowd was enormous (especially when you consider that over half the crowd had already voted for the man, and that it was 7:00 am on a Saturday morning). I'm quite sure that the Coronado High School Cougars has never seen that many people at their football field before!

I've been scared to predict a landslide victory for Obama, because we Democrats have been so disappointed in the past. But given the vibe in Henderson today, it was impossible to believe that the enthusiasm for Obama won't translate into the needed votes. It felt equally absurd that McCain might pull out some game-changing "October Surprise" in time to reverse his fortunes on Tuesday. I won't say it can't happen, but it is difficult for me to imagine. Still crossing my fingers, though.
Please excuse the quality of the photos and videos. I was using an Olympus digital camera more suited to closeup snapshots, and did not have a steady perch!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...