Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I Love You, Rachel Maddow!


Photo from GlaadBlog

I thought this song--performed by David Sharrocks--was cute, and the writer, (Gregory Jacobs-Roseman) must really watch The Rachel Maddow Show. He's got the same take on her appeal that I do. He does have the pronunciation of her name wrong. It's Mad-O, not Mad-OW. That's a minor criticism, because the song is a lot of fun. As a fan of Rachel's, I just had to post this.

As a side note, I get frustrated while doing research for this blog, when I run across a blog post or comment that is overly critical of Rachel. Not because they dare criticize someone I like, but because they often, very clearly do not watch her show, and are commenting out their asses. Rachel is not combative, does not scream or shout, or "slavishly" follow Barack Obama or other Democrats. Her sexuality, while public, is never made the focus of her show.

But often, the comments--when not simply a homophobic littany of sophomoric insults--insist that she's a lock-step liberal, an Obama worshiper, a shrill and shrieking harpy. All of which can be disproved by watching a single episode of her show. OK, rant over. Watch the video.



Post edited and reposted 02-03-09 for clarity, accuracy and grammar!

4 comments:

  1. A friend of mine forwarded me your blog post. Thanks for posting the video! And thanks for pointing out the pronunciation thing. Whoops! My bad! I guess I've only heard her name spoken quickly , and to me it sounded like "Mad-dow," not "Madd-o" as in the word "meadow." When you sing it on a long note that does make a big difference. Next time the song is performed I'll make sure the actor has the correct pronunciation.

    And, I absolutely agree with your point. It's like when conservative talking heads were attacking "Fahrenheit 9/11" without having watched the film. How can you attack something you know nothing about?

    Thanks again,
    -Greg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know that the singer was different from the composer. If you give me his name, I'll update the post to set the record straight. It really was a very cute song. I've tried to put much the same to words, with less success. Good job! And thanks for stopping by.

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the wonderfully talented David Sharrocks performing.

    Thanks, and I am again very flattered that you included the video on your blog.
    -Greg

    ReplyDelete
  4. After reviewing the clip, I see that the answer was there all along, forgive me. I have a limited time (between work and life) to blog, and sometimes when I do, I don't get to review things thoroughly enough.

    I also think I came off brusque and too brief in my original post, when I really DID like your song! Thanks for stopping by, AND for providing a great post that is getting a lot of hits (for this blog, anyway). Good luck in all of your endeavors! --Jamie

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...