Tuesday, February 3, 2009

How's that Whole Pepsi Re-Branding Going?


A while back, I ran a post about Pepsi-Cola's new logo designs, and my dislike for it. As I pointed out back then--and I found out that it wasn't an entirely original observation--Pepsi's new logo kind of looks like a refrigerator repair man's muffin top.

I've been a Pepsi fan for a long time, though I like Coca-Cola's products too. Over the years, I've had many different Pepsi items, with lots of different logos. Almost all of those logos featured some variation of the famous "yin-yang" Pepsi ball. With the new logo, the old ball is gone, replaced with a very strange looking "smile" ball, with various sizes of grin depending upon the version of Pepsi you're drinking.

I've already given my reasons for disliking the logo. I've even already linked to the page excerpted below, with other peoples' opinions. But since then, there has been a bubbling over (heh) of opinion, most of it overwhelmingly negative. Also included are negative reactions of the new Sierra Mist, and the Mountain Mtn Dew. And they don't much like the new bottle shape, either.

[Excerpts]


"I'm sorry, Pepsi, but I hate your new logo and label design. . .the "Clean" look is "in" right now, but so were bell bottoms, followed by tapered jeans, then it was super baggy. Don't just become "another clean designed brand". Do something new and exciting. These logos are awful."


"Ughh. I kinda like the font, but the Pepsi logo drives me crazy! the white bands are drawn awkwardly- slightly wonky- It looks like first year design student work. The bottle design looks like the gut of a person that drinks their product. ick."

"This looks like bad student mock-ups, and I wouldn't hire the kid."

"I'm sitting here for some god forsaken reason, reading everyone's rants on the logo change...and for the life of me I don't see the f**king smile...really...who smiles like that anyway? And yes, the bottle definately = wrinkly penis!"

"Haha. Nice joke PepsiCO. Now get back to the old design."

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Read (much) more at: BrandNew





No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...