Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Randi Rhodes on Sarah Palin's Tonight Show Act



I have to say, Sarah Palin's Tonight Show gig as a standup comedienne wasn't half bad. I still think she's a clueless boob, and I still think she'd make a wretched President. But doing written material, she can deliver stuff that ain't half bad. Not terrific, but certainly not a disaster. But I liked liberal radio talker Randi Rhodes' take on that. In fact, I've found Rhodes' show to be on fire of late with points I hadn't considered, and some genuine off-the-cuff humor.

For all the drama surrounding liberal talk radio, and around Rhodes' place in it, I've very glad the girl is so good at landing on her feet! Here's a post from her daily blog that I particularly enjoyed:

[Excerpt]



Am I Right?

Those wacky Republicans! Did you catch Sarah Palin’s debut as a standup comedian on the Tonight Show last night? Usually a comedian has to work for years to get a slot on the Tonight Show. Sarah Palin did it with absolutely no prior work, experience, or dues paying… kind of like the way she wanted to become Vice President. If it sounds like something of a stretch for Sarah, keep in mind that it’s not that much of a jump to start telling jokes after you’ve spent the past couple of years being a joke. Obviously these jokes weren’t written by Sarah Palin. You could tell because they didn’t go on for 15 stream-of-consciousness minutes punctuated with an occasional “perhaps so” or “you betcha.” Here’s a little advice, Sarah—you’re a lot funnier when you’re not trying to be. . .

Read more at: Randi Rhodes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...