Monday, February 14, 2011

Blast from the Past: Lunchtime!

My New Year's resolutions were to a) quit smoking, b) rejoin a low-carb diet that is always on-again, off again, and c) get back to the gym. I tried to do a) & b) at the same time, with c) to follow sometime this month. Well, I'm still adhering to a), but so far that's it. I fell off the diet train gradually through January, and jumped off with both feet (and both hands!) the last couple of weeks. Result? Well, I breathe better, but I got fat. FAST. It's amazing how fat. So, it's back on the diet first thing tomorrow.

So, for this week's Blast from the Past, I thought I'd highlight lunch ads from the 60s, 70s and 80s. These are all foods that are on my diet, at least in limited quantities.  So, enjoy, while I have my last carbohydrate for a while.



1. Oscar Mayer Weiner - Oh, I wish I were an Oscar Mayer Weiner. . .wait, why would anyone wish that?
2. Armor Hot Dogs - What kind of kid eats Armor hot dogs? Well there are more fat kids these days, but I think they've moved on!
3. Oscar Mayer Bologna - Cute kid. Wonder if he still names his food?
4. Kraft Cheese Singles - Are they still allowed to call these things cheese?
5. Peter Pan Peanut Butter - Clearly an extension of Laugh-in, but this thing would neverplay today.
6. Skippy Peanut Butter - Mouseketeer Annette Funicello was one of the many product spokespeople of the day. She pitched Skippy for years.

All right! Now, on to the diet. Wish me luck on the diet. Happy Monday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...