Friday, February 11, 2011

What I've Been Doing All Evening

I already wrote about my impulsive purchase of last week. Yesterday, I finally decided on the platform for my hugemungous new Mitsubishi HDTV. After weighing my options, and finding most furniture either very expensive, too wobbly or both. But I did find one, at Big Lots of all places (with a 20% off coupon too!). The style is sort of "early apartment," but it's rather minimalist, and will be dwarfed by the big teevee machine, so sturdiness was really most of what I was going for.

I started assembly at about 7:30. I moved everything to the edges of the living room, and unboxed all the pieces on the rug. There were lots of pieces. . .

I even used the instructions! 

 Things were coming along just fine. I had the (old) TV on for company, and by this time it was around 8:30.
Things started to move rather quickly. About this time, the instructions told me I'd need somebody to help me. Hah! Ouch! I knelt on the claw of the hammer. . .

 About now, I decided to eat some chicken, and watch whatever that new show after Community is. Married Friends? Maybe it was The Umpteenth Show Tried in This Time Slot? I dunno. But I was done eating so, back to work. This took about another half hour. . .

 I'm really coming along now! Let's flip this puppy over, and see what she looks like.
 

Okay, so it's dusty, and has all the A, B, C stickers on it, but I'm almost done! At this point, I took the hinges and doors into the TV room to watch 30 Rock.  Back in a flash, slapped those suckers on, a little Pledge, and voila!
Ain't she a beaut? Okay, that's a stretch, but it should do the trick. And hey, it's an AmeriWood! Seriously. Back to blogging soon. But I'll be dreaming of the imminent arrival of. . .

I suppose I should mention that I had a few parts left over. . .

1 comment:

  1. I always save those left over parts, because it's a given that the next thing you have to assemble will be short a few pieces.

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...