Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Anderson Cooper Hates New Year's Eve?


Photo from source, CNN

So far, my views on the new year have been mostly optimistic. Negativity seems best left (for the next few days at least) with 2007. But, Like an old friend, cynicism will rediscover me long before I remember to write an "8" when writing the year down.

Finding this piece demonstrates to me how far I have to go as a writer. Anderson Cooper manages to blend humor, cynicism and negativity into an enjoyable blend, something I strive for but may not achieve. Plus, posting an excerpt gives me an excuse to display his picture. Nothing negative about that.

[Excerpt]

Just say no to New Year's Eve

Despite hundreds of years of pathetic parties, ridiculous resolutions and hellacious hangovers, we still cling to the notion that it's possible to have fun going out on New Year's Eve.

It isn't. . .

Read more at: CNN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...