Thursday, January 10, 2008

The Bloodlust of Conservatives


Image from source, Free Republic

I probably allot more bandwidth to the ultra-conservative blog, FreeRepublic than they deserve. But the attitudes expressed on their web site are indicative of the mindset we need to squelch in November.

As I said in my previous post about the massive attack in Iraq today, I'm not an Iraq War expert. I don't know if this was a good or a bad strategic move. I have become, of course, immediately suspicious of anything that comes out of this administration, but I'll reserve judgement for now.

But the attitude of the hardcore right-wing--Bush's base--is unquestionably troubling. Here are a few excerpts from their thread on the story:

"One word....KABLOOIE!"

"YES!! Get some boys!! (P.S. are you watching this Iran?)"

"I got paid today...paid off a large bill fulfilling part of my New Years Resolution and now this...can the day get much better? Quite the warm fuzzy, I can tell you! Heh!"

Read more at: Free Republic

2 comments:

  1. Bush a Conservative???? You got to be kidding...I'm a Conservative, Bush at best is a freaking Eisenhower moderate.

    Only a marxist dupe would think Ol' George is a Con...but nice try, the lights of Vegas must have burnt a hole in your thought process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, Pat. I probably should have said "so-called" conservative. Or, more accurately, "what passes for conservative today." How's that?

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...