Saturday, January 19, 2008

Caucus Day!


Though I've been assured that Nevada has had caucuses before, nobody I know remembers ever going to one. I was pretty sure I voted for John Kerry in a primary, but maybe not. This caucus thing is going to happen in a little over an hour, and it will be Nevada's first--at least the first that matters in any way.

It will be something of a relief to have the political season quiet down in our neck of the woods, at least until late summer when the general election heats up. I can't tell you how many phone calls we've gotten in the last two weeks. John Edwards' campaign has been pulling out all stops to make sure we go to the caucus. And while I'm flattered at the attention, I'm annoyed by the interruptions!

Oddly, Republicans are largely ignoring our state. I was a registered Republican until two years ago. I'm still on their mailing lists, even Karl Rove still seems to think I'm a devotee. And yet I've received exactly one identifiable Republican message, and it was a Mike Huckabee push poll (which I'm sure I didn't answer to their satisfaction).

I had FOX "News" on a moment ago, and they called the Nevada Caucuses "largely a Democratic affair." I still don't know why, and they didn't say. Also, I was surprised to hear them put the "-ic" on the end of "Democrat." They never do that! I guess one of the FOXbot chicks was misprogrammed. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...