Saturday, January 5, 2008

LTR's Top 10 Liberal Talk Radio Hosts


Photo of Stephanie Miller & Randi Rhodes from StephanieMiller.com

I don't listen to 10 hosts regularly (where would I find the time), but I am a big fan of liberal talk radio, a wholly different beast compared to the conservative counterpart. I've already given an editorial on the subject, so this time, I'll just list my favorites, and move you on to the excerpt.

My picks would be:

5. Sam Seder - I rarely get to hear Sammy anymore, as his show got scuttled to Sundays. But whenever he's filling in for one of the other hosts, I thoroughly enjoy the show. I especially love the "SammyCam" online, where you can listen (and watch) Sam interacting with his crew and online fans during the show and during the commercials. Sam needs a better spot.

4. Thom Hartmann - Thom is an extraordinarily smart talker, has great guests, and brings the important issues to light. While his show can be a little dry, it's nearly unmatched when really big news needs to be dissected.

3. Randi Rhodes - Randi's show is probably the one I look forward to most. I only put her at #3 because Steph is so danged funny, and Rachel impresses me so much with her big juicy brain. But Randi, she's just gloves-off, knuckles-swingin' action, whatever the topic. Love her and her Joan Rivers-crossed-with-Rhoda Morganstern voice!

2. Rachel Maddow - Rachel has grown during her many and varied shows at Air America Radio into a self-assured, affable, and whip-smart radio host. Her show is fast-paced, loaded with information, and most importantly entertaining while filling your brain.

1. Stephanie Miller - She and her sidekicks are hilarious. Adding humor to the sometimes depressing political news bounces Stephie & the Mooks to my #1 spot. This show will annoy anyone slightly out of earshot, with all of its sound effects. But you'll get hooked on them, especially the Lying Sack of Crap song, and You Are an Idiot! Ha, ha, ha, ha. . . . .

[Excerpt]

Top 10 Liberal Talkers of 2007


[snip]

5. Rachel Maddow

What a year it's been for Rachel Maddow. Originally taking a back seat to better known names in the early days of Air America, she has risen to greater prominence in 2007. a popular early evening show, coupled with frequent appearances on MSNBC and CNN have given her one of the highest profiles of any air America host. Her television presence was so well-received that she reportedly is even in the running for her own show on MSNBC. . .

Read more of the list at: Liberal Talk Radio (LTR)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...