Thursday, February 14, 2008

Top 25 Meanest Love Songs


Photo from source, Spinner
This being Valentine's Day, I just had to go to my dark place, and post the anti-Love Song post, didn't I? I just found this piece very funny. People don't often pay attention to the lyrics of their favorite songs. I covered this in a recent post about the saddest songs ever. A song can be outrageously popular, and dreadfully sad. Or mean.

One of The Other Half's very favorite songs is on this list. He doesn't seem to catch just how mean the song is. I've chosen to highlight it here.

[Excerpt]

'Two Out of Three Ain't Bad'--Meat Loaf (1977)

The Kiss-Off: "I want you, I need you/But there ain't no way I'm ever gonna love you"

Writer Jim Steinman wrote this after hearing
Elvis' 'I Want You, I Need You, I Love You' on the radio. "Baby, we can talk all night," sings the Loaf, rather sweetly, speaking for all men in relationships. "But that ain't getting us nowhere."

Read more at: Spinner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...