Thursday, July 17, 2008

Ashcroft's Memory is Bad

I almost didn't post this. I mean, former Attorney General Ashcroft has a bad memory? This is news? Everybody in the Bush Administration allegedly has a bad memory. They even forget when one of their cherished talking points has been debunked by audio and video, and go on to repeat them again.

But the combination of the following headline and the accompanying picture hit my absurdist comedy sweet spot. So here it is. . .

[Excerpt]

Ashcroft: Sometimes I Confuse What People Tell Me With Reality

. . .In his opening statement, Ashcroft admitted that he had "limited recollection" of the events pertinent to the committee's inquiry. Specifically, "it's been difficult . . . to distinguish between what I in fact recall as a matter of my own experience, and what I remember from the accounts of others. . ."

Read more at: TPM Muckraker


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...