Sunday, July 20, 2008

Movies I Can't Wait to See: Watchmen

The Watchmen comic book hit some time immediately after my love affair with comic books hit a waning period, so I missed it. But, as a comic fan, I have of course heard of it, and have always been intrigued. It was apparently a series that simultaneously paid homage to and skewered comic book conventions at the same time.

I was knowledgeable about the series enough to be perturbed by the "happy face" T-shirts with bullet holes and blood that were a hit at the time. Even I knew that the Watchmen image was a happy face with blood splashed on it--not bleeding itself.

In any event, I'm excited about the movie version. After many false starts, it looks like the comic has gotten its due in a movie adaptation. Check it out. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...