Friday, August 8, 2008

John Edwards, Pig or F***ing Pig?


Image from source, AOL News

As noted previously, I'm entertaining friends and family from out of town, and have been unable to blog up until now. And right now, I may only have a moment. I'll just give a few quick news items I've been missing, with a brief editorial and some links.

John Edwards reveals tryst with tart - I caucused for John Edwards here in Nevada, until he was not viable, and then I switched my vote to Barack Obama. Can we get a "whew!" The story is rather convenient, placing the affair in a window between Mrs. Edwards' illnesses, and between his runs for President. If true, that means he was not a cad for skipping out on a sick wife, and wasn't whoring around while running for President. I hope it's true, but if it were W. (or Newt, or Rove, or Cheney, or Rudy) I would not be so generous. Mighty convenient.

But might I say that there are a number of politicians who have had extramarital affairs--for much longer periods of time, with equally or more sordid details--and still managed to have stellar careers. I'm thinking primarily of Newt Gingrich, Rudy Giuliani and John McCain for three. So, before any conservatives get on their high horses about this, they'd do well to think of their current presumptive Presidential nominee.

[Excerpt]

Edwards' Future in Doubt After Affair

Senator. Vice presidential nominee. Leading presidential candidate. Political outcast.

It was a rapid career ascent for John Edwards. Then it all came crashing down when the North Carolina Democrat on Friday admitted that he had an extramarital affair, though he denied fathering a daughter with the woman. . .

Read more at: AOL News


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...