Thursday, February 5, 2009

Barack Obama Blasts GOP Stimulus Ideas


Photo from source, Huffington Post

Tax cuts, tax cuts, tax cuts. That and "smaller government" have been the mantra of the right for as long as I can remember. And that's it. There doesn't seem to be any more to their economic ideas. And no evidence that it works. I mean, that was their policy for the last eight years, and look how well that turned out.

I'm no economist. . .in fact, back in college I struggled with Macroeconomics. I hated it, in fact. Nobody should have to try to learn that stuff at 8:00 am. And I don't know if this economic plan is the best one. But it is pretty clear that something needs to be done, and that the GOP seems to want to do nothing. And when they get all lock-steppy, and their front line--John Boehner, Lindsay Graham, Mitch McConnell--start a-yappin', I'm pretty sure they're wrong. And I totally dug what Barack Obama had to say about it:

[Excerpt]


". . .So let me be clear: Those ideas have been tested, and they have failed. They've taken us from surpluses to an annual deficit of over a trillion dollars, and they've brought our economy to a halt. And that's precisely what the election we just had was all about. The American people have rendered their judgment. And now is the time to move forward, not back. Now is the time for action."

Read more (with video) at: Huffington Post


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...