Friday, April 9, 2010

Sarah Palin-Michele Bachmann 2012?

On one hand, I think a Palin-Bachmann ticket would be tremendously entertaining. And irritating. And a boon to comedy. On the other hand, we re-elected George W. Bush after we'd already had four years of him (or maybe just elected, as the first term wasn't exactly a traditional win). Sure, we had the uncharismatic John Kerry to run against him, but I was truly flabbergasted that America could be so stupid. Stupid is as stupid does, and that could be Palin-Bachmann's saving grace. I shudder at the thought.

If I had another hand, I'd point out that there is almost no way that the Republican establishment would allow this ticket to happen. First, you can't run a full ticket from the starting gate, you have to go one at a time. And either Palin or Bachmann would be shredded not only by Democrats, but by the other Republicans in the primary race. Okay, I'll go back to my first hand. It would be entertainingly irritating, and uproariously funny.

On the fourth hand, listen to the crowd's response to the idea. Insane.

[Excerpt]

Palin: Palin-Bachmann 2012 ticket ‘sounds kind of cool.’



HANNITY: Are either one of you considering a run for the presidency in 2012? Just asking. Governor Palin, I’ll start — I’ll start with you. But before I get their answers, how many of would you like to see a Palin-Bachmann ticket?

PALIN: Well that sounds kind of cool. That sounds kind of cool.

HANNITY: Governor Palin, are you thinking about a run again?

PALIN: As I have said, I’m not going to close any doors that perhaps would be open. . .


Read more at: Think Progress


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...