Monday, April 12, 2010

Conan O'Brien is Back! On TBS?


Image from source, TV Squad

I didn't write very many posts on the whole NBC Jay Leno/Conan O'Brien Tonight Show battle. Mostly because, if I watch late-night TV, it is usually The Daily Show with Jon Stewart and The Colbert Report. Rarely, I'll watch Chelsea Lately, and even more rarely, The Late Show with David Letterman. But I've always liked Conan as a comedian, and never much liked Jay Leno. I think in the nearly 20 years Leno had Tonight, I may have caught a total of 30 minutes of the program.

So, I was pulling for O'Brien. I'm not sure I'd have wished TBS on him though. It seems counter-intuitive, but I suppose it could work. He's got a devoted following, so he'll probably--at least initially--draw a bigger audience to TBS than they've seen outside of a Braves game. And the struggling George Lopez talk show will likely benefit, even though it's being bumped to an hour later. So, good luck Conan! Maybe I'll even try to check out the show.

[Excerpt]

Conan Is Coming Back To TV... on TBS

The long wait is over. Right on the day that Conan O'Brien starts his cross-country tour in Oregon comes this rather large announcement: Conan is coming back to TV this November! But if you're thinking that he's going to do a late night show on FOX, you'd be mistaken. Instead, think "Very Funny. . ."

Read more at: TV Squad


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...