Wednesday, April 28, 2010

When is Your Blog Not Your Blog?

It has come to my attention that some "bloggers" are posting Greenlee Gazette items--all of them--under their own banners.  While I find it flattering, and I even encourage other bloggers to excerpt any posts I might write on their own blogs, using the entire thing seems a little out-of-bounds to me. And more than a little weird.

At the bottom of this page, I have a disclaimer of attribution. I, like most bloggers, use works from all over the interwebs. And I always try to attribute other people's work, even if it is just a tip.  But I'd never try to pass off another person's work--let alone their entire blog--as my own.  Now, to be fair, the examples I've found have included attribution. But under the banner of "written by" somebody else. As I said, weird.

So if you're reading my blog--particularly this post--under any other banner than Greenlee Gazette, written by James L. Greenlee of Las Vegas. . .well, you're reading a purloined blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...