Friday, July 30, 2010

What is The Event, and Should We Care?

After the unfortunate implosion of NBC's Heroes, a program I always thought was several notches higher than many critics and viewers gave it credit for, the network needed a replacement.  They got a couple of seasons of "cool" out of Heroes, and they're hoping for a similar buzz this fall with The Event. But what is the event of The Event?  And will it capture our attention the way Heroes did (for a while) and ABC's FlashForward didn't?



I'll check it out for a couple of weeks. I like this sort of mystery/sci-fi story, and am a fan of Jason Ritter (the late John Ritter's son, and star of the brilliant-but-cancelled The Class). That should be enough to entice me, at least until I figure out if it's interesting enough to keep me watching.  And if it's good?  Well then, I'll shut up about it for a while, unless it becomes a runaway hit. I wouldn't want to invoke the Greenlee Curse on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...