Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Secret Service isn't Servicing Very Well

Image from source, AOL
What in the world is up with the Secret Service? After a string of embarrassing lapses, including a prostitution scandal (!), it has just come to light that a) the guy who scaled the fence and got into the White House several days ago got deeply into the building, right past the entrance to the President's residential quarters; and b) a sniper shot seven shots into the southern façade of the building, that were not discovered for several days.

The Secret Service used to be a vaunted organization, almost on a James Bond kind of level. People may have been deterred, just from the reputation the organization held, as all-seeing, all-knowing. That's now blown all to hell, isn't it? Olympus Has Fallen and White House Down may not be so far-fetched after all, right? Okay, maybe not, but with these guys, who knows?

I haven't checked, but I wonder if Right Wing World is blaming this on President Obama himself. I mean of course they are, but I suspect it's something along the lines of, the Secret Service has no respect for Obama, and refuse to even give the appearance of protecting him. Am I right? Dan?

[Excerpt]

Reports: White House intruder made it far past the front door

The intruder who climbed a fence made it farther inside the White House than the Secret Service has publicly acknowledged, the Washington Post and New York Times newspapers reported Monday. The disclosures came on the eve of a congressional oversight hearing with the director of the embattled agency assigned to protect the president's life. . .

Read more at: AOL

2 comments:

  1. Well, speaking for the right wing, I think 99% of those with rational thought say that the Secret Service ought to protect the president, no matter who it is.
    I am sure that when threats were made against Bush, I am sure there were some on the left who would have cheered.
    The Director of the Secret Service should have resigned but the first person Obama has thrown under the bus is a woman.
    But I digress. I completely dislike Obama as a person and certainly as a president, but I don't want him dead. For one thing, there would be riots in the streets and then we would have to listen to Al and Jesse for days and weeks on end.
    And I would not like the Obama girls to not grow up without their father- that's the biggest reason why I don't want to see him dead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Dan! I wanted an honest perspective, and there you are! Hope life's treating you well.

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...