Monday, September 27, 2010

Segway Company Owner Dies When Segway Goes Off a Cliff

Image from source Raw Story
When I was in Creative Writing class, I was assigned a multi-media project, and had a few darkly humorous pieces in my work. Before I handed it in, I told my teacher that there were a few irreverent segments that were both humorous and about death.  She asked me--totally deadpan--"Do you think death can be funny?I said, "Well. . ." She saved me by saying, "Of course it can." 

Now, this poor man's death isn't funny. But it makes for a damned funny headline.

[Excerpt]

Segway owner dies after falling off river cliff

A wealthy British businessman who owns the company that makes the two-wheeled Segway has been found dead in a river in northern England after apparently falling off a cliff on one of the vehicles, police said Monday. . .

Read more at: Raw Story

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...