Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Another 9/11 Story: Penelope Trunk

I wrote my personal 9/11 story yesterday. As I said there, it is not particularly noteworthy or harrowing, only that it is mine. In my nightly blog-clicking, I came upon another story. One that shows that my story was barely an anecdote. I've never heard of Penelope Trunk before tonight, but her story--and her writing style--deserves attention. I'm glad she made it.

[Excerpt]

When I Think About 9/11

I was standing at the bottom of the Word Trade Center when it fell. I was standing so close that I didn't know it fell. I thought earthquake, until I couldn't breathe. Then I thought nuclear bomb. . .

I won't spoil the rest.

Read more at: HuffingtonPost.com

Ms. Trunk's bio from Huffington Post:

Penelope Trunk is that author of the book Brazen Careerist: The New Rules for Success (Warner Business 2007). She is a career columnist at The Boston Globe and Yahoo Finance. Her syndicated column has run in more than 200 publications. She writes a blog called Brazen Careerist that receives about 350,000 page view a month. Earlier, she was a software executive, and then she founded two companies. She has been through an IPO, an acquisition and a bankruptcy. Before that, she played professional beach volleyball.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...