Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Tony Snow & Rush Limbaugh Love "Kicking Ass"


Photo available all over the web, this one from ThinkProgress.org

I made another lurking appearance at FreeRepublic.com, curious about their response to Tony Snow's departure. As you might remember, Freepers have something of a crush on Mr. Snow.

What I found is one of the best examples of the difference between liberals and conservatives when viewing the exact same information. When I heard that President Bush had said, "we're kicking ass in Iraq," I had this response.

But in this thread, which posts the transcript of Snow's appearance on The Rush Limbaugh Show, Snow and Limbaugh had this reaction:

[Excerpt]

RUSH: What about the....? I've been mentioning this a couple times today and want to get your take on it because I may be overstating it. But I kept hearing all month, "August! A big, big Tet-like offensive from Al-Qaeda," to precede the appearance today of General Petraeus and Ambassador Crocker, and it didn't happen. It tells me it's hard to be offensive when you're on defense. They are on the run.

TONY SNOW: Yeah, absolutely right. As the president has quoted, "We're kicking their ass." (laughing)

RUSH: I love that, by the way. (laughing)

Read it in context, as if that matters, at: FreeRepublic.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...