Wednesday, October 24, 2007

41% Can't Name a GOP Candidate


Photo from source, RawStory.com

This is a story that rather surprised me. Apparently, there is a large group of Americans who have no idea who is running for President. . .at least on the Republican side. Only 19% couldn't name a Democratic candidate (and what rock are they living under?), while a whopping 41% can't come up with a Republican one.

This sounds like a good thing, but really, how disconnected is the American public anyway? I know I'm doing a political blog this year, so I'm more plugged in by default. But I'd like to think, had I never hit upon the idea to start this blog, that I'd still be a little more informed!

[Excerpt]

Poll: 41% of Americans unable to name any GOP candidates

. . .According to the Pew report, "The Republicans' disengagement, if not disillusionment, with the campaign is borne out by the fact that many more Republicans are able to recall unprompted the names of Democratic frontrunners Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama than can name Rudy Giuliani and other leading GOP candidates."

Read the rest at: RawStory.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...