Sunday, February 10, 2008

Sunday So Far


Did you ever open your mouth to say something, and nothing came out? That's sort of how I feel this late Sunday morning. I started my Sunday as I often do, watching Meet the Press with Tim Russert over coffee; frying bacon during my DVR-recording of FOX "News" Sunday (to better zip through it), and then a nice breakfast with The Other Half.

But nothing on either show inspired me, and This Week with George Stephanopoulos is either pre-empted or delayed today. Why am I left cold by those two shows? Maybe because MTP was dominated by Mike Huckabee of all people, and FNS was mostly an interview with Fearless Leader, George W. Bush. Gaahh.

The best I can say about The Decider, is that he's able to string a few sentences together as though he knows what he's talking about. That's nice, right? Of course, he wasn't asked anything too challenging by Chris Wallace, and he couldn't do it without mangling the language. Oh, he didn't make too many grammatical errors. He has severe problems with tenses, and number agreement though. And he constantly turns "wasn't" into "wuddn't," and "doesn't" into "duddn't."

I can forgive wanderings into lazy English. Most of us do it, particularly in casual situations. But The Commander Guy never turns it off. Whether it's Chris Wallace, Brit Hume, Sean Hannity, Brett Baier--shoot, any of the amazingly talented people FOX "News" has out there to interview him, he just iddn't gonna givva crap how he nunciates!

I'll be back later in the day if inspiration strikes. Right now, I just don't have much more to say. This may just be my lightest posting weekend ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...