Saturday, February 2, 2008

Writers' Strike to End Next Week?


Photo from source, Raw Story

I thought the writers' strike would lead me to better persuits than the boob tube. I'd crack open some books! Maybe start a project, clean out the closets, medatate, take up yoga. . . Yeah, well, I'm more a creature of habit than that. I mean, I spend a couple of hours a night working on the blog, and the house is quiet, especially when The Other Half is away. Plus I got this nifty flat-screen TV for my office for Christmas! What was I supposed to do?

When it gets dark early, TV watching is an easy to excuse guilty pleasure. But with the writers' strike, it has been more guilt than pleasure. TV stinks on ice, most nights. Reruns, reality shows, game shows. I actually watched that stupid lie detector show on FOX! For shame.

That may be coming to an end. The writers' strike may soon be over. Hallelujah! But is it too late for the 2007-2008 TV season? Will we be stuck with 8-episode-long DVD collections in future years? Is there time for them to get back to work on a few more episodes of Desperate Housewives, Brothers & Sisters and Lost? Please?

[Excerpt]

End to Hollywood writer's strike may be close

America’s long wait for new episodes of “Grey’s Anatomy” and “The Office” may finally be coming to a close.

The New York Times is reporting that anonymous sources close to the talks claim Hollywood’s writers and production companies may have overcome the major roadblocks in their contract negotiations, opening the chance of a tentative agreement between the constituencies as early as next week. . .

Read more at: Raw Story

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...