Monday, March 31, 2008

"Earth Hour" a Bust?


This weekend, I went to Google to look something up, and was surprised to see the site reversed, with a black background. It turns out that there was a special "Earth Hour" being observed, an attempt to get people to turn out their lights for an hour. It was an experiment to raise awareness for energy conservation. Oddly, until that random search, I'd never heard of it.

Well, conservatives are taking special glee in the fact that this experiment did not yield any substantial energy savings. Mmmkay. Why would that make them happy? I'm still trying to figure out how a political ideology with "conserve" right there in its name, has become adamantly against any form of conservation.

[Excerpt]

Earth Hour crashes to Earth

So Saturday was Earth Hour, and as if anyone reading this blog didn't know, lights were supposed to be cut off from 8 p.m. to 9 p.m. to send a message to mysterious world power that the world was ready to cut down on energy use. Sort of.

I didn't honor the Earth Hour. We rarely have more than one light on in our home at a time on a daily basis because it's wasteful and increasingly expensive. I don't have a million electronic devices running 24/7, we walk to the store when we can (Heather can walk to work) and luckily, my commute is only about 15 minutes a day. In every daily activity, even blogging, I consider the amount of energy I'm using, and how I can minimize my consumption. . .

Read more at: The Voltage Gate

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...