Thursday, March 20, 2008

John McCain Calls Purim "Jewish Halloween"


I have had only one Jewish friend that I'm aware of, so I have limited knowledge of Jewish holidays (and I'm apparently rather sheltered). But I certainly would not try to educate the press on Passover or Yom Kippur either. John McCain did, only he said that Purim was a Jewish Halloween. And alleged Democrat Joe Lieberman had to save McCain's bacon (ahem, excuse me) yet again.

[Excerpt]

MCCAIN: PURIM = HALLOWEEN?

When McCain made a foreign policy gaffe in Jordan on Tuesday, it was Sen. Joe Lieberman who quietly pointed out the mistake, giving McCain an opportunity to correct himself in front of the international press corps. In Israel yesterday, NBC’s Lauren Appelbaum reports, Lieberman once again intervened when McCain made an incorrect reference about the Jewish holiday Purim -- by calling the holiday "their version of Halloween here. . ."

Read more at: MSNBC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...