Saturday, October 18, 2008

Featured Blog: Princess Sparkle Pony's Photo Blog

Several days ago, conservative "think tank" guru, David Frum gave Rachel Maddow a sneak-attack on her live TV show, accusing her of contributing to the left-right divide by being sarcastic and funny. Of course, he's the guy who wrote speeches for George W. Bush, and invented the term "axis of evil," so funny has really never been in his job description (at least not unintentional humor).

I unsurprisingly disagree with Frum, and think he was kind of a jerk to Rachel. Snarky humor is necessary for getting through all the political bullshit without going batshit. That's why I really like the Princess Sparkle Pony blog. I was trolling the far-right-wing FreeRepublic website yesterday, and I found an outraged response to Pony. Oh, the Pony blog was just despicable! Naturally, I checked it out and found it very funny. And I think you will too.

It is notable to point out that once Princess Sparkle Pony's writer (a man, by the way), found out that he was featured on FR, he touted and taunted them, and they deleted their commentary page! Anybody who can shut that jar of wingnuts has my support. Check it out.

[Excerpts]

She Lured Them Onto the Plane with Candy and Strapped Them Into Their Seats. But Then They Realized It Was a Trick and Threw Her Into the Oven



Oh Look, How Cute, Somebody Had Retarded Six-Year-Olds Make Signs for the Palin Rally


What I keep getting from these rallies is We are the stupid and we're better than you. God, it's all so galling. "She's reg'lar folk." WhatEVER. I mean, I grew up in Tucson, Arizona, and I'm not proud to be ignorant because I'm not ignorant. I worked really hard, studied hard, had shit jobs for over a decade... and that makes me... what? An East Coast Liberal Elitist? I'm middle class, just like they are. . .

Read and see more at: Princess Sparkle Pony's Photo Blog: (expect a little off-color humor and commentary!)

2 comments:

  1. Well, that's the nicest thing anybody's said all week!

    I, too, was totally shocked when Free Republic deleted their thread. I was really sad, though, that I didn't save their hilarious comments. They are truly going to be the saddest bunnies of all come November 5.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew! Glad you liked my writeup. I never know how excerptees will take my posts, and rarely find out first hand (your site-meter outranks mine by the many hundreds of thousands).

    I always like finding new snarky blogs to read, and can't believe I haven't happened by yours before. I'll be visiting a lot in the future. Imagine. . .Free Republic has actually been useful for something!

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...