Monday, October 6, 2008

Science is Cool: Clearest Image of Jupiter Ever


Image from source, National Geographic

I said earlier that I was uninspired about blogging tonight. Then I found this shot. I mean, how cool is this? Yeah, I'm a science nerd, but it's nice to post something that has nothing to do with the current state of the economy, or the Presidential campaigns. enjoy.

[Excerpt]

NEW JUPITER IMAGE: Sharpest View Ever From Earth

Jupiter looks sharp in the crispest whole-planet picture of the planet ever shot from Earth.
Captured using a new computer-assisted process and a 27-foot (8.2-meter) telescope in Chile, the result is sharp enough to show features as small as 180 miles (300 kilometers) across. . .

Read more at: National Geographic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...