Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Rush Limbaugh Hopes Barack Obama Fails?


Photo from source, Think Progress

In my last few posts, I wrote about the feeling of joy that President Bush is gone, and that President Obama is now in the White House. I wrote about the lack of mean-spiritedness I feel toward Bush, though I still want him and his administration to be held accountable for their actions, where appropriate.

And, I've indulged in a little bit of knife-twisting probably, even if I didn't really set out to do it. But one thing I've never done, is to hope for George W. Bush's failure. He did that all on his own, so all I was wishing for was that he wouldn't screw anything else up. That he wouldn't invade yet another country, that he wouldn't cause more people to die. But I never rooted for the existing wars to fail. I never hoped that the economy would collapse so that Democrats would win. I never actively rooted against my country.

But Rush Limbaugh--that supposed defender of all that is America--wants our new President to fail. Before Barack Obama has even slept one night in the White House. That's just sick.

[Excerpt]


". . .So I’m thinking of replying to the guy, “Okay, I’ll send you a response, but I don’t need 400 words, I need four: I hope he fails.” (interruption) What are you laughing at? See, here’s the point. Everybody thinks it’s outrageous to say. Look, even my staff, “Oh, you can’t do that.” Why not? Why is it any different, what’s new, what is unfair about my saying I hope liberalism fails? Liberalism is our problem. Liberalism is what’s gotten us dangerously close to the precipice here. Why do I want more of it? I don’t care what the Drive-By story is. I would be honored if the Drive-By Media headlined me all day long: “Limbaugh: I Hope Obama Fails.” Somebody’s gotta say it. . ."

Read more at: Think Progress

OK, there you go, Rush. I don't know if I qualify as a "drive by" (a stupid phrase for the mainstream media), but I'm more than willing to point out your lack of patriotism. And I don't think it is liberalism that has failed America. At least not right now, not for a while now. Get used to it. Conservatism, or at least the brand practiced for the last generation, has failed America.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...