Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Browser Wars Over? Peace Achieved!


I've been using Internet Explorer since it was first released. Of course, I also still use AOL, so what do I know? But back in the day, there was a real battle between Netscape and IE, akin to the Mac vs. PC wars of today. There have been many others, but those were the two biggies.

Nowadays, Firefox is the leading challenger, though there is also Safari, Opera, and Google Chrome. IE (and AOL for that matter) have significant flaws. I use them for the reason that I use most of the software on my computer, I guess. I grew up with them, metaphorically. I learned their quirks, their advantages and their flaws. I do use Firefox or Chrome for certain things, things that simply will not load or take too long in IE or AOL. And my familiarity with them may eventually lead me to switch.

But fortunately, we don't really need to fight. They're all free. We can use them all. And I found it kind of nifty that my SiteMeter "browser share" graphic--a chart that shows what my visitors are using--forms a nearly perfect peace sign! Well, I thought it was cool. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...