Saturday, January 31, 2009

Weekend Blogging


Oh, dear. I've stayed away from blogging today, mostly because I just wanted a little down time. I watched a couple of movies Superman III, for some reason (worse than I remembered) and The Invasion, which is not the best of the Invasion of the Body Snatchers' many versions. Beyond that, I didn't do much.

So, I decided to sit down and write a couple of posts, to keep the blog current. But I can't find anything! Seriously, did anything happen today? Most of my favorite blogs are apparently off for the weekend. Nothing I have found has yet inspired me to opine about.

I was struck by a personal anniversary, and that got me a little introspective. I realized that in just a couple of weeks, I will have lived in the same house--with The Other Half--for ten solid years. It got me to thinking about other dates. This year,

- I will have been blogging for 2 years.

- I will have driven the same vehicle (1998 Jeep Wrangler) for 9 years.

- I've been with The Other Half for 11 years.

- I'll have had the same job for 12 years.

- I'll have lived in the same town (Las Vegas) for 15 years.

That's a lot of "the same" in a lot of major life areas! Of course, there have been changes along the way, like furnishings, electronics and appliances. We of course have a new President, ending a period of sameness that we are eager to see change dramatically. I got married last year, and while it remains to be seen if the voters of California will be (unbelievably) allowed to revoke it, we intend to keep the anniversary.

Those things that remain the same are a good thing for the most part, even if I sometimes have to struggle to avoid inertia, and getting stuck in a rut. Painting rooms, and moving things around is one way to do that. Taking a day off from blogging is another. And here we are back where we started!

That, dear reader, is what happens when I can't find anything to post about. I just start typing, and you all get a glimpse of how my brain works, where it wanders, and how far afield I get from what I was originally talking about! But somehow, it all ends up in a fairly neat package. I hope you're all having a great weekend, and enjoy the Super Bowl tomorrow. Meanwhile, I intend to find something newsworthy, interesting, entertaining and/or funny to put up on the blog before bedtime. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...