Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Olbermann & Turley on Leahy's Truth Commission

In an earlier post, I wrote about my undecided feelings about a "truth commission" proposed by Senator Pat Leahy, to look into alleged Bush era war crimes. This video, from Countdown with Keith Olbermann, is the main reason I initially felt it was a bad idea. The interview segment with constitutional expert Jonathan Turley--whom I respect a great deal--left me feeling decidedly badly about the whole idea. But a later segment on The Rachel Maddow Show left me with the impression that it might be a good idea. So much for the idea that one show is merely a copy of the other.

I'll post the Rachel's interview with Leahy as it becomes available. For now, here's Olbermann and Turley. UPDATE: It's here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...