Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Genesis Explained Scientifically, At Last

A lot of people ask me, when I tell them that I'm agnostic, what led me down the road to that non-specific belief system. Or words to that effect. And the one thing I can point to is that I was taking Sunday School lessons to be "confirmed" in the Lutheran Church at precisely the same time that I was taking Freshman Earth Science. As it happens, my textbook made a whole lot more sense than Genesis. Presto, change-o, agnostic. Well, it wasn't that fast, but you get the idea.

Now, I'm not out to change anybody's religion. And by the way, it would be very nice if the religious folks would afford me the same respect, and stop knocking on my door. Oh, and trying to take my rights away based on their specific religious beliefs. But, I digress. . .

Here is a great video that makes the attempt to squeeze actual science into the Genesis story of creation, without being too snarky about it. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...