Friday, July 17, 2009

Walter Cronkite Dead, and That's the Way it Is


Image from source, CBS News

I remember when Walter Cronkite was still regarded as THE news. The problem is, I was to young at the time to much care about the news. In fact, Cronkite retired and perhaps the same time that I actually started paying attention to world events. For me, it was NBC News Overnight with Linda Elerbee that woke me up to the important things going on in the world.

But I realize that Cronkite was to news pretty much what Michael Jackson was to music video. He made the template for what network news still is today. I'm glad he got to live a long, full life after retiring, something not everybody gets to do.

[Excerpt]

CBS Legend Walter Cronkite Dies

Walter Cronkite, who personified television journalism for more than a generation as anchor and managing editor of the "CBS Evening News," has died. CBS vice president Linda Mason says Cronkite died at 7:42 p.m. Friday with his family by his side at his home in New York after a long illness. He was 92. . .

Read more at: CBS News


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...