Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Snow Falls in Vegas, Which is Cool

Image from source, NPR
Yeah, I know, the blog is still light even though the big holiday stretch is over. Sorry. Having motivation problems. Plus, haven't you heard, I'm on a diet and stopped smoking. That might tell you exactly how many active brain cells I'm working with.

But it is true that it snowed here in Las Vegas on Monday, and that was pretty cool. I'd heard we might get it, but just saw moist earth here when I left for work for my first day of 2011. Bare minutes later, I was driving into snow flurries, and minutes after that, the snow was driving into my car!  We got no accumulation, since it was in the high 30s, which is unfortunate. But the mountains that ring the Las Vegas valley got plenty, and it'll stay there lookin' purty for some time.  Meanwhile, I'll try harder to get into the blogging mood, and bring you more interesting things than winter happening in the wintertime. Sorry.

[Excerpt]

What Are The Odds? Snow Falls In Las Vegas



Gamblers on the Las Vegas Strip awoke to snow flurries Monday morning as part of a winter storm that turned the main highway between Southern and Central California into a snowy, icy parking lot.



Hundreds of motorists returning from the New Year's holiday found themselves stuck after Interstate 5 was closed for a second day over the 4,160-foot-high Tejon Pass, about 70 miles north of Los Angeles. . .

Read more at: NPR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...