I was stuck for a topic for this week's Blast from the Past, so I went out to the fridge to get a yogurt, and it reminded me of something. There was a Dannon Yogurt commercial with old Soviets, giving the impression that if you ate their yogurt, you'd live past 100. And if you believe that. . .
Anyway, I thought I'd revisit the subject of classic commercials. There are a number of 70s and 80s commercials particularly that really stand out in pop culture history. Here are a few of them.
1. The afore mentioned Dannon Yogurt ad.
2. Calgon water softener: "Ancient Chinese secret, huh?"
3. Oscar Mayer balogna: "My baloney has a first name. . .
4. Life Cereal: "Let's get Mikey!"
5. "You sunk my Battleship!"
6. Connect Four: "Pretty sneaky, sis!"
7. McDonald's Big Mac: "Two all beef patties. . ."
8. "Please don't squeeze the Charmin."
9. Alka-Seltzer: "Mama mia, that's a spicy meatball!"
10. Diet Pepsi: "Now you see it, now you don't!"
And that should do it for this week. Hope you had a great weekend, and happy Monday!