Sunday, August 18, 2013

Blast from the Past: Classic Commercials, Redux

NOTE: This one is really a blast from the past, a rerun from April, while I get my brains back in my head after a really tough weekend/week/month!

I was stuck for a topic for this week's Blast from the Past, so I went out to the fridge to get a yogurt, and it reminded me of something. There was a Dannon Yogurt commercial with old Soviets, giving the impression that if you ate their yogurt, you'd live past 100. And if you believe that. . .

Anyway, I thought I'd revisit the subject of classic commercials. There are a number of 70s and 80s commercials particularly that really stand out in pop culture history. Here are a few of them.

1. The afore mentioned Dannon Yogurt ad.
2. Calgon water softener: "Ancient Chinese secret, huh?"



3. Oscar Mayer balogna: "My baloney has a first name. . .
4. Life Cereal: "Let's get Mikey!"



5. "You sunk my Battleship!"
6. Connect Four: "Pretty sneaky, sis!"


7. McDonald's Big Mac: "Two all beef patties. . ."
8. "Please don't squeeze the Charmin."



9. Alka-Seltzer: "Mama mia, that's a spicy meatball!"
10. Diet Pepsi: "Now you see it, now you don't!"



And that should do it for this week. Hope you had a great weekend, and happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. this is an awesome blog about water softeners ,Waste Water Treatment Plant, Sewage Treatment Plant , Industrial Effluent Treatment Plant. this can be used to filter the water. thanks for sharing such an important article with us. all the best. keep on posting.

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...